Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Iraqi Redwing's New Hockey Player

The Detroit Red Wings foreign scout flies to Baghdad to watch a young 
Iraqi play hockey in the new American sponsored league,and is suitably
impressed and arranges for him to come over to the US .

Ken Holland signs him to a one year contract and the kid
joins the team for the preseason.

Two weeks later the Wings are down 4-0 to the Blackhawks with only 10
minutes left. Mike Babcock gives the young Iraqi the nod and he goes
in.

The kid is a sensation, scores 5 goals in 10 minutes and wins the
game for the Wings! The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are
delighted, and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the ice he phones his mom to tell her about
his first day of NHL hockey. "Hello mom, guess what?" he says in an
Iraqi accent. "I played for 10 minutes today, we were 4-0 down, but I
scored 5 goals and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media,
they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mom, "Let me tell you about my day. Your
father
got shot in the street and robbed, your sister and I were ambushed,
raped and beaten, and your brother has joined a gang of looters, and
all while you were having such great time."

The young Iraqi is very upset. "What can I say mom, but I'm so
sorry."

"Sorry? You should be sorry!" says his mom, "It's your
fault we
moved to Detroit in the first place!"


NEXT

No comments: